Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Weeks Free

It's May now.
I forgot when the last time I posted was.
Regardless, I have been off all medications for the past 5 weeks.
Am I healed?
ABSOLUTLY NOT.
This is more or less like a tiny little break until the cycle repeats itself. And it WILL repeat itself.
For Life.
That's just the way it is.
5 weeks free of all meds is a big deal though when you spend the last 3 years on an off and more specifically the last year and a half on an I.V drip everyday. People can feel bad for you or through sympathy at you all they want, but in reality it means shit unless you been there experiencing that situation knee deep for yourself.

The hardest part is knowing at some point this little remission I guess, im in, wont last very long. Another month at most and then it's back to the grind.
Repeat.
And, even being off all my meds doesn't mean I'm still not in pain.
My number one symptom has always been my migraine/headaches and they're still there with other symptoms that don't really effect my daily living.

I see it as, the meds are supposed to take care of the problem (in simple terms). My headaches have never really improved much ..at all.. so why am I gonna keep poisoning myself. Don't get me worng, it's treating everything else, except my headaches unfortunatly.
This is my life. Currently. Everyday, I worry if today's the day my little remission will pick up and go.
But for now Im just trying to life while I can..

I have been successful in that as well. I've had the chance to put my art a new level, I feel. Got some great opportunities. I have also had the pleasure of meeting some really awesome folks who have inspired me on a level but also because you find that these people are real. Regardless of who they are or what they go through, they are human.
And I am humbled by that.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't imagine having to live with that everyday! It really makes me feel your art even more knowing the struggles and pain in your life. On a positive note, this has made you who you are today, a beautiful, strong, and exceptionally talented woman. I love your blogs and art, keep fighting!!!!

    ReplyDelete